Monday 30 January 2017

30.1.17

Not much today at all.

Plumpton.

14.10

CLONUSKER

No point really talking much about Yourholidayisover. This horse is the one to beat here and if he replicates his effort 24 day's ago he will be very tough to beat if anyone Nap's this I could only really agree. I was looking for something to attempt to turn this over I liked Taroum but the market spoke otherwise so you cannot do that unless something dramatic in the market happens. Even then you would want a price on this rogue.
CLONUSKER is the horse I like. There are though some serious question marks to be honest.
On Timeform Heavy ground here @ Plumpton hurdling he has a record og 321. The 3rd he had a Bsp of 6.19 he was beaten around 10.5 lengths and he hit 1.71 in running for me he never looked like he should have traded to that sort of price.  The 2nd appeared a much better effort Bsp 8.6 beaten 2 lengths he went to 1.87. He made all the running albeit pretty slowly and did look a shade 1 paced in the finish. Then we have the win, this came off a mark of 74 so it is poor form, I would like to see this horse jump out from the front and put these to the sword, I believe this is the only chance we have of this winning today is tactically he needs to run the finish out of his opposition. I am not sure if he is good enough to beat Yourholidayisover even with these plans, also 9 years old and making his chasing debut is far from ideal and almost enough for me to scrap the whole plan as that is 2 question marks, these are seeds of doubt. I will stick with this though, maybe against better judgement.

15.50

This looks a lot less straightforward on paper anyway.

ROYAL SALUTE

I always like to see a horse jump the last out of heavy ground slickly, you then feel they may just have a little more to give, also I believe these types win more races as they move up the official rankings. I think this race today really should be for this horse to lose if he comes here in the same form as 2 weeks ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment