Tuesday 24 January 2017

24.1.17 Monbeg begs for compensation.

Wetherby

14.30

Fingerontheswitch has not reached anyway near the level he was as a hurdler and ultimately has been disappointing really. He will surely win one of these races and it appears today may be the day if his price stays sround this level. I feel there are much better 9/4 shots. We cannot rely on him. If I was going to back this for the win I would rather bet Captain Mowbray in the previous race at least he has solid looking level form and it is here at the course. At the oods I would back neither for the win and if they stay tight in the market adopt the drifter method on both, that is a far safer option on 2 shaky looking fancied horses.

15.30

MOONBEG RIVER.
I like this horse here we have 3 solid runs and let us hope he can turn up here no worse for the bring down @ Aintree.
The horse did absolutely nothing wrong as The fresh prince fell and brought down Monbeg. The only slight concern was the horse took a right belt under the chin from another runner while he was down, it was nothing to serious but I hope it has not tarnished the horse. We need to give him a chance here as long as we do not encounter the dreaded drift and he stays below 6.4 then maybe connections will be looking for some kind of compensation here, let us hope it is the win. A bold show must happen as long as this horse stays solid in the market.


Leics.


13.20

This looks a straight duel between Sister Sibyl and Carn Spindle. There is very little between them on paper apart from experience jumping the hurdles.


14.20

I cannot really look past LaVaticane here Timeform appear to agree and all this will do is compress the price. Absolutely no VALUE will be offer here as the world and his dog follow the timeform top rated. I may be tempted to stay this side of 4s and put an offer in @ 3.95 see if get matched, then work from there.



MOONBEG RIVER is my horse I like today

No comments:

Post a Comment