Thursday 2 February 2017

3.2.17 UPDATE

Update. 10.20am.

Catterick.

GOING: Soft, Good to Soft in places
RAILS: Rail dolled out increasing distances as follows:
Races 1 & 3 +27 yards
Races 2 & 7 +48 yards
Races 4, 5 & 6 +54 yards

13.15

WALSINGHAM GRANGE

I am rather confident here that we have quite a nice bet here in Walsingham Grange. Let's not get carried away here this is low grade fare and sometimes in these races the form can be unstable.
We have the beating of Allfredandnobell. We are left on paper with horses that need to beat us.


15.20

TREATY GIRL

I had this race between the selection and Actinpieces.  Nico De Boinville returns to the saddle today after a spell on the sidelines, and this looks a nice ride back. I do very much respect this danger though Actinpieces and this will be the last horse I want to see close up near the winning post. Money has come for the selection here and it now looks quite poor value in all honesty it looks as though a good run is expected.

15.55

BLACK NARCISSUS

She ran a belter @ Wincanton. I fancy her to run a very sound race tomorrow in another low grade affair.
She does obviously have to take on the boy's, this is a slight disadvantage but in this ground nothing will happen to quickly or be to rough.

16.25

BELL WEIR

We have to take fitness here on trust, so that is a question mark. That just takes this off a really good bet.
I am also worried on ground I am unsure, 2 question marks and I usually move on. These are are the negatives, the positives outweigh them for me as he looks to classy for these. The bookies are taking no chances with him and he looks poor value at the moment. Surely he should be 2/1?


Update. I feel the best bet would be Walsingham Grange today. Black Narcissus should really give a good account of herself but there are a couple in here that may trouble her. I hope she can do it.
Treaty Girl. Has this been laid on for a Nico celebration, I do find it odd that he would return to Catterick of all places to have his return ride, after all he has only ridden 2 chases here ever.
Bell Weir with 2 negative ticks is a niggling doubt. I do think this horse should out class these but my head is doubting him. I hope we get a good run from them all and they all return safe and sound. GOOD LUCK.






2 comments:

  1. That was a funny ride on BELL WEIR don't think he gave the horse any chance. One to watch next time out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree here, he was ridden with no intention of winning the race. Almost looked like a schooling run.

      Delete